COVID-19 Athletic Update as of March 15, 2022
To PHS Student Athletes and Parents:
The 2021-2022 school year has begun and we thank you for all your support, communication and understanding during these unprecedented times.
As you know, we are in full attendance and back on campus (2021-2022). It is important to stay connected and informed because guidelines are constantly changing. Check our school website, athletic page, for updated information and try to attend any parent meetings hosted by our Coaches.
At the current time with high community transmission occurring in Los Angeles County, routine testing is required for all athletes and staff participating in moderate or high-risk sports, regardless of vaccination status.
At this time WUHSD Athletics, under the direction of CIF guidelines, are abiding by the following:
- All participating Athletes and Coaches must be COVID tested once a week and twice a week if competing in two games in the same week. Testing is provided on campus and teams are scheduled to attend throughout the week.
- Practices may be held with limitations (start times, days, workouts, etc.) Coaches should inform you of their sport limitations.
- Physical distancing of six (6) feet between each player and between players and coaches is highly recommended.
- Athletes may practice, indoors, outdoors and weight rooms.
- Mask must be worn at all times in indoor facilities, including during rigorous activity.
- No spectators are allowed at practice (parents, friends, relatives, etc.) Only athletes and coaches are allowed.
- Spectators are allowed at games and must follow all school protocols and guidelines. Mask must be worn at events.
- Pending on game site, COVID protocols may be different and we need to respect and honor all site guidelines.
- CIF Updates 2021-2022
Before any student athlete can begin to participate in practices and/or games, students must be cleared with an up to date physical on our Athletic Clearance Website. Please upload the updated physical to the website. PHS Athletic Website
If you have any questions, please reach out to Athletic Director Ramon Juarez and/or Mrs. MariaElena Castaneda Business and Activity Secretary. Stay healthy, GO TITANS!
Mr. Ramon Juarez Mrs. MariaElena Castaneda
(562) 698-8121 (562) 698-8121
Ext. 5010 Ext. 5010