SUMMER SCHOOL 2020 Frequently Asked Questions:
Important note: Summer School 2020 at Pioneer High School is ONLINE. All classes will be offered via Distance Learning.
1. How can I find out if I am enrolled?
-A postcard will be sent home to currently enrolled students by Fri. May 29. Students enrolled in summer school will also receive a phone call home and an Aeries communication message.
- Current PHS students can also check their Aeries portal by clicking the DISTRICT MESSAGE when they open their portal OR by opening the CLASSES tab.
- Incoming PHS students may check the school website and open the article FUTURE TITANS 2020-2021 listed under the ANNOUNCEMENTS tab.
2. Is there still space in Summer School 2020 at PHS?
Yes, we have space. We are offering a variety of repeat credit and a few original credit classes. We also have the Dual Enrollment Program courses through Rio Hondo College and the Escalante Math Academy through East LA College. Students may contact the following people to enroll:
REGULAR SUMMER SCHOOL - Contact your counselor. Incoming freshmen may visit the school website to discover their counselor.
ESCALANTE MATH ACADEMY - Visit the school website and open the pop up message OR click on the Escalante Math Academy post. They may also contact Javier Gonzalez at email@example.com
3. Which classes are available for incoming freshmen?
Incoming freshmen can enroll in: Art 1, HS 101, Geometry (with recommendation), Escalante Math Academy classes or Rio Hondo Dual Enrollment Classes. Incoming freshmen should refer to the school website or contact their counselor for registration information.
4. How can I access technology for distance learning?
Incoming freshmen can check out a chromebook and receive their log in and password information beginning June 4th from 8am - 12pm in the Attendance Office. We will also distribute chromebooks and passwords (as needed) on June 5th, 8th and 9th from 8am - 12pm.