PIONEER HIGH SCHOOL
SATURDAY SCHOOL RULES AND REGULATIONS
A Saturday School program for truancies and tardiness has been implemented. In accordance with the school attendance policy,students will receive a truancy after returning from absences that have not been cleared by a parent/guardian. Students receiving a period truancy or all day truancies will be assigned Saturday School, which is held from 8:00 am -12:00 noon.
Rules and Regulations
1. Students must arrive on time
2. Students are to enter and leave in a non-disruptive manner.
3. The student must bring work and be prepared to work quietly and independently the entire assigned time. The student may instead choose to clean the campus for two hours, if there is staff present to oversee the activity.
4. The student may not disturb other people.
5. No electronic devices will be permitted including I pods, radios, cell phones or MP3 players.
6. Student who fail to follow directions will be removed from Saturday School with no credit for the time served.
7. Students must follow the school dress code policy.
8. Students will not be allowed into Saturday School without their school identification.
FAILURE TO SERVE SATURDAY SCHOOL WILL RESULT IN:
1. The student will be reassigned to the next available date one time only.
2. Failure to attend can result in In-House Suspension and/or reassignment of Saturday School.
If the student fails to attend a mandatory Saturday School it is considered "extreme defiance"and could lead to a suspension and a meeting with the parents, Assistant Principal of Guidance, and the Dean of Students.
If a student is off campus during school hours and cannot provide permission given by parent/guardian, the Deputy will issue a citation for truancy. Parent/guardian will be informed of truancy and citation.